Tuesday, February 3, 2009

snow figure

So we have just had a major snow event here in London with 30cm settling on the ground yesterday.  Today the sun has been out and I am looking out on a fluorescent whitescape and enjoying the subdued muffled sounds of traffic (very little and going slow).  When I went out on the common last night and this morning the fields of snow are dotted with snowmen and women.  Russell took this image of a rather imposing towering  snow woman (that's Rafe and neighbour Anna standing below). This is one but there are many as there has been a frenzy of party-like building of ephemeral figurines of snow going on since yesterday morning.  I'm fascinated by this hunger to build melting figures of fun.  They also reminded me of the Pinnacles I posted earlier, only these ones are built with human hands rather than with wind, sand and water.

No comments:

Post a Comment